If you’ve been using Cisco products on your network, then you are already aware of the possibilities inherent in being able to optimize your business communications. Quite simply, with Cisco Unified Communications configured on your IT network, Los Angeles companies like yours can completely streamline your communications infrastructure – consolidate all your applications into one easy-to-use platform!
What are Unified Communications?
Unified communications (UC) is a business term describing the integration of enterprise communication services such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, voice (including IP telephony), mobility features (including extension mobility and single number reach), audio, web & video conferencing, fixed-mobile convergence (FMC), desktop sharing, data sharing (including web connected electronic interactive whiteboards), call control and speech recognition with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging (integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax). UC is not necessarily a single product, but a set of products that provides a consistent unified user interface and user experience across multiple devices and media types.
In its broadest sense, UC can encompass all forms of communications that are exchanged via a network to include other forms of communications such as Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and digital signage Communications as they become an integrated part of the network communications deployment and may be directed as one-to-one communications or broadcast communications from one to many.
UC allows an individual to send a message on one medium and receive the same communication on another medium. For example, one can receive a voicemail message and choose to access it through e-mail or a cell phone. If the sender is online according to the presence information and currently accepts calls, the response can be sent immediately to text chat or a video call. Otherwise, it may be sent as a non-real-time message that can be accessed through a variety of media.
Need Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Skype for Business? LA Networks can get it done for you.
Now, you can instantly access Cisco Unified Communications capabilities directly from Microsoft Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync UC Clients. This easy-to-deploy desktop integration lets you extend the instant messaging functionality of Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business Clients with proven Cisco Unified Communications (UC) services.
With this tight integration for Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business clients, you get a consistent user experience, enhanced communications capabilities, and reduced infrastructure complexity. You also gain:
- Increased productivity. Instantly connect from anywhere using the embedded Cisco IP softphone and high-definition video.
- Streamlined communications. Get telephony presence, visual voicemail, communications history, and desk phone control.
- Enhanced collaboration. Initiate or join multiparty audio, web, and video conferences using Cisco conferencing solutions.
- Reduced complexity. Simplify communications with easy-to-deploy integration and a single-call control architecture.
- Investment protection. Increase efficiency with Cisco Unified Communications and protect existing desktop investments.
Cisco Instant Connect helps you boost communications, and reduce costs.
It also provides highly secure communications with full-featured group collaboration. This IP-based solution uses any radio, desktop, or mobile device. Your always-connected communications system delivers information immediately, whether it’s through voice, video, or data.
Whether you need a small-business Cisco phone system (like Cisco VoIP) that brings together all your communications in one place, or you have employees working from remote desktops and want to provide a better work-life balance for them – a Los Angeles Cisco GOLD partner can facilitate all that and more for you.
Enhance Productivity and Borderless Collaboration
Cisco Unified Presence is a standards-based enterprise platform that brings people together in and across organizations in the most effective way. This open and extensible platform facilitates the highly secure exchange of presence and instant messaging (IM) information between Cisco Unified Communications and other applications.
Cisco Unified Communications Features and Capabilities
Cisco Unified Presence technology has been integrated with Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Release 9.0 and later. All the features and capabilities of Cisco Unified Presence 8.6 are now part of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Get more information about Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 9.0 and the newly integrated IM and presence service.
With this integral component of the Cisco Unified Communications system, you can:
- Facilitate faster decision making and enhance productivity using presence awareness to view the availability of your colleagues and reduce communications delays.
- See the availability of partners and customers in other organizations and exchange instant messages with them.
- Simultaneously support Cisco Unified Communications and standards-based XMMP clients with this dual-protocol platform that natively supports both SIP/SIMPLE and XMMP on a single software appliance.
- Speed up your business processes and improve first-call resolution and customer satisfaction by providing availability information and communication capabilities in existing web and business applications.
- Meet business requirements with enhanced enterprise IM capabilities such as group chat, persistent chat, IM logging, IM history, and compliance.
More Reasons to Choose Cisco Unified Communications
Here’s how LA Networks as your local Cisco partner can best serve you.
Cisco understands that the collaboration needs of customers vary across organizations and they depend on individual workers’ collaboration requirements. As such, Cisco (via Cisco Gold partners like LA Networks) offers flexible licensing options to meet those varying needs. Each Cisco license includes soft clients, applications server software, and collaboration licensing on a per-user basis.
Cisco Unified Communications 10.x and 11.0 Licensing Options
Cisco User Connect Licensing (UCL) provides per-user based licensing for individual Cisco Unified Communications applications, including the applications server software, user licensing, and a soft client. User Connect Licensing is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions.
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) provides the most popular Cisco Collaboration applications and services in a cost-effective, simple package. There are two Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing offers available, depending on your needs: Professional Edition and Standard Edition (corporate or home business, respectively).
Professional Edition now includes comprehensive, unlimited participant video conferencing with Personal Multiparty video at no additional cost.
Both offers include soft clients, applications server software, and licensing on a per-user basis, and allow for a more comprehensive unified communications experience than the UCL licensing.
The License Administration Portal is a set of self-service tools that provide reporting and license administration for your collaboration needs. When you have any issues, there are three ways we can)open a case with the Cisco Global Licensing Operation (GLO), which is open 24 hours a day every day. They include:
Cisco TAC Support Case Manager – Select the appropriate technology and sub-technology (be sure to select “Licensing” listed under “Type of Problem”). This is the preferred and most efficient method to open severity three cases.
Cisco Technical Support – For urgent situations call the appropriate number for your location from the worldwide contact list (LA Networks acts as your local point of contact).
With Cisco Collaboration, our users will be empowered to improve communications, cultivate relationships, and speed decision making with face-to-face video and web conferencing. This means you, our LA business clients can better:
- Collaborate across organizational and geographical boundaries at any time and from any location;
- Work where you’re most effective using personal or company-issued mobile devices;
- Communicate with external organizations to easily share information, interact in real time, and build interpersonal trust;
- Track usage with a single platform that provides visibility to your communications infrastructure and applications.
With Cisco User Connect Licensing and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing, we can plan the best licensing option for our clients based on your collaboration needs in a scalable “pay as you grow” fashion!
And with a Cisco Gold Partner in Los Angeles, You’ll Have True Business Communications “Unification”
Contact us today for more information at (818) 333-4880 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with the best Cisco GOLD partner in Los Angeles available to help you with all your Cisco Unified Communications needs!